I’m VERY happily employed full time but I’ll consider the right side projects if I have availability and we’re a good fit. I often schedule freelancing work one to two months in advance.
I work remotely and prefer limited travel in US or nearby timezone (in the range of monthly to quarterly).
I’m not looking for opportunities since I have a good fit in my current role and other possibilities available.
But if you have something exceptional where I can work on hard problems, blend technology and product vision, raise and mentor software engineers, pair program with talented and empathetic individuals and guide companies and individuals towards success: email me.
I’m interested to hear about your project :) and I look forward to setting up a video call to discuss it further. These engagements take different forms depending on the objectives, from short one off blocks of hours to more ongoing relationships.
- Solving problems, with people as a technical leader or as a software engineer.
- Building engineering teams that are communicative, smart and caring to give businesses a competitive edge.
- Helping companies transition off of Mongo, without downtime or business disruption. If mongo’s no longer the right choice and you need a seamless transition, let’s talk!
I’ve successfully and happily delivered the following and could leverage these talents for you:
- Shifted engineering culture to become positive, productive, proficient and autonomous.
- Transitioned codebases languages or databases due to technical, business or hiring constraints.
- Built remote engineering teams with positive team culture, technical skill and respect.
- Reduced Engineering onboarding time-to-first-commit from 2 weeks to 1 day.
- Architectural guidance and proficiency in various technologies
- Implementing and standardization of development environments, staging and production across AWS, GKE, CI, using EC2, Kubernetes, Docker and Bash. This automation pays off massively as teams scale.
- Guided security standards, guidelines and training utilizing ssh bastion hosts, Oauth2 proxies, MFA.
- Made security easy for development teams using aws-vault, chamber, aws secret storage and IAM policies.
- Created Moresql and implemented realtime Mongo -> PostgreSQL streaming in production as a strategy to ingest the data for business intelligence. In another situation this was the backbone we used to successfully and seamlessly, without downtime, move off of Mongo onto PostgreSQL.